Effective Monday November 16, 2020 the
Region of Halton was mandated to follow the restrictions set forth in the
Province of Ontario’s Covid-19 Red “Control” level. Due to these restrictions
the Milton Minor Hockey Association will be required to make changes to how we provide
During the time the Region of Halton is operating under the Red “Control” level, on ice activities for House League and Representative teams will be conducted using the following protocols effective Monday November 23, 2020:
1. There will be a maximum of (9) players and a minimum of (1) Rostered Coach on the ice per ice session up to maximum of (10) people.
2. There will need to be a Trainer in the Arena (not on the ice) to help with any health or safety issues.
3. No games or scrimmages are allowed and players are to maintain social distancing during drills.
4. One parent/guardian is permitted with any child under the age of 18. Masks are required to be worn at all times and physical distancing should occur at all times.
5. Change room facilities are not available as per the new red zone regulations. Chairs will be set-up in the designated staging areas where participants can get ready within each arena.
6. Players must come fully dressed (except for skates, gloves and helmets) and leave fully dressed. Hockey bags are NOT permitted, we ask that all players bring a small bag (i.e. backpack).
7. Masks are required at all times until the very moment the participant leaves their chair to go on the playing surface. Masks must be worn as soon as the participant returns to their chair from the playing surface.
8. Please be advised that all other current facility entry and exit protocols remain.
9. Each participant and parent/guardian who will be entering any facility will be required to fill out the MMHA SportsHeadz health check a minimum of one hour before arriving at the facility.
It is imperative that we follow the protocols as outlined above or our booking privileges will be revoked by the Town.
These protocols will not allow us to provide the allotted ice time we had under the previous Yellow “Protect” guidelines as we can only have 9 players on the ice now as opposed to 20 players previously. This will mean the following temporary change:
Each team which currently consists of 10 players will receive 1 ice time per week. Due to the fact that only 9 players are allowed on the ice if the team has the maximum of 10 players rostered (1) of the skaters will have to sit out per week. Coaches are required to keep track of players who are asked to miss an ice time and submit it to the league weekly via email to the appropriate admin staff. If a player does not attend for any other reason do not submit their name.
Our goal is to keep all our players on the ice during this time but due to restrictions implemented by the Province and the limited ice available from the Town of Milton we are unable to offer two times a week ice time. We understand the solution presented is not perfect but we felt it was better for the players to continue providing programming even under a limited offering.
Our expectation is that we will still provide the practices and games outlined in our return to play offering by the end March 2021. When we had laid out the plan for the season we had only scheduled programming until the end of February with the expectation there would be bumps along the way. We have discussed with the Town and we can continue to operate until at least the end of March as we have traditionally done.
We thank you for your understanding as we work together with the Town of Milton to provide programming for our players. These are unprecedented times but together if we follow the protocols set forth by the Province, Region, Town and Association we can fight the spread of Covid-19 and continue to have our players play the game they love.
Milton Minor Hockey Association Board of Directors