Milton Minor Hockey Association (“MMHA”) is tendering the completion of the
external audit for the year ending March 31, 2017
For those accounting firms wishing to participate in the tender process, a letter of intent to submit a proposal must be provided to the “Attention of The MMHA Treasurer” on or before April 25, 2016 including a listing of the information and other initial queries your firm requires to scope and quote on the engagement. The letter of intent must contain a certification of confidentiality for all information provided by the MMHA.
For those accounting firms participating, a final proposal for services must be submitted on or before May 15, 2016. The proposal must contain a fixed fee quotation for the audit for the year ended March 31, 2017 and may contain a quotation for a multiple year engagement not exceeding a three year period.
The letter of intent and final proposal may be submitted by the respective due dates to the attention of the MMHA Treasurer either electronically to the email [email protected] and/or delivered to the MMHA office.
The selected accounting firm will be presented to the MMHA membership for approval at the Annual General Meeting on Monday, May 30th, 2016.
The MMHA is not obligated to accept any proposal submitted, may select a provider at its sole discretion, and may terminate and/or alter the tender process at any time.
The following information is provided as general background regarding the MMHA and use of its financial statements. The Treasurer will make himself available to meet directly with all participating firms to answer any additional questions.
- The MMHA is a corporation without share capital organized exclusively to provide pleasure and recreation through the promotion of minor hockey amateur athletics for the benefit of members residing in the Town of Milton.
- The MMHA is a not-for-profit association exempt from income tax pursuant to paragraph 149(1)(l) of the Canadian Federal Income Tax Act.
- The corporation year end is April 30, and as of the 2016/17 season, the year-end will be moving to a fiscal year end of March 31.
- The corporation by-laws are posted on the MMHA website.
- The MMHA has an incumbent accounting firm completing the external audit for the year ended April 30, 2016.
- The solicitation for tenders for the external audit is undertaken solely from the perspective of appropriate governance.
- The financial statements are prepared primarily for use by and disclosure to the membership of the MMHA.
Questions regarding the tender process may be submitted at any time.